What does the voice in your head tell you throughout your day? Is it positive and empowering or negative and critical? That inner critic was created through years of conditioning and is self-sabotaging and disempowering.
In this episode of the Inspirational Leadership podcast, I discuss how to practice self-compassion to get rid of the negative voice in your head. I explain how to get curious and aware of that voice, ask yourself the right questions, and shift the way you speak to yourself.
Listen in to learn how practicing self-compassion allows you to prioritize self-care and achieve your goals and targets.
- How to become aware of the negative voice within and shift the way you talk to yourself.
- How practicing self-compassion allows you to prioritize taking better care of yourself.
- How to use journaling to get curious and introspective about your negative patterns and create new patterns.
- How self-compassion gives you a sense of fulfillment and acceptance as you are.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- [00:49] The self-sabotaging voice within you and how it got created through conditioning.
- [02:53] Start listening and showing up from a place of curiosity and ask yourself if your thoughts are true.
- [04:16] The questions to ask yourself to build self-compassion when the negative voice starts showing up.
- [07:02] How creating more space and stillness in your life allows you to build self-compassion.
- [09:27] Understand that you can still achieve all your goals even when you’re loving and kind to yourself.
- [12:28] Remember modeling self-compassion and a growth mindset to your kids starts with you.
- “If you’re going to have more self-compassion, that also has to manifest in you taking care of yourself in terms of your mind, body, and soul.”– Kristen [06:20]
- “You start to be able to build your self-compassion when you create more space and stillness to reconnect with yourself.”– Kristen [07:21]
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.