What can you do to look differently at what leadership means? In today’s world, leadership is more than meeting the bottom line results or operations; it’s about keeping the pipeline of engaged talented individuals who will continue to expand and evolve the organization. Effective leadership is also the ability to support and accept support from your team without feeling the need to be part of every task.
In this episode of the Inspirational Leadership podcast, I speak with Sabine Gedeon, the Founder of Gedeon Enterprises, an advisory and professional development firm focused on supporting organizations and leaders in transforming how they lead and approach talent strategy & development. In 2021, Sabine launched SHELeads Network, a professional development and training community for women leaders, in response to the overwhelming changes in society, calling on more women to take the lead in their homes, communities, companies, and businesses.
Listen in to learn how to effectively advocate for yourself as a leader by embracing coaching and guidance from your team. You will also learn how to build a network of supporters and your brand to strategically grow your career.
- How to shift your mindset and not let fear stop you from taking the risk to pivot your career.
- How to align with what’s important for you as a leader to allow effective support from your team.
- Develop the confidence to advocate for yourself and ask for help so you can lead effectively.
- The importance of having a success circle to advocate and guide your career growth.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- [01:57] Sabine’s career background in HR and how she pivoted from a corporate career to navigating entrepreneurship.
- [08:46] Why you shouldn’t let fear stop you from pivoting into a different career path.
- [15:39] The importance of recognizing who you are as a leader to transition from doer to delegator.
- [24:44] Why you should advocate for and pour into yourself to be more effective in your leadership role.
- [30:05] How to look at coaching as a holistic gift that allows you to advocate for yourself.
- [33:43] The value of building a network of supporters and your brand to strategically grow your career.
- [42:45] Why as an organization, you should interview people to ask questions and understand why they might leave.
- “Start to think about how you’re spending your time, what you’re doing, and how you’re developing your team and find the thing that’s true for you to help you overcome the need to be part of it.”– Sabine [25:52]
- “You have to fill your cup with whatever it is you need to be and feel whole in order for you to be effective in pouring that out.”– Sabine [27:04]
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Learn more about Sabine and her work here
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.