Have you heard of or attended the Workhuman conference? Workhuman Live is the game-changer of conferences, where the world’s best minds gather to share transformative ideas and to inspire a community of thousands to create more human workplaces everywhere. It offers an exciting experience that tackles relevant DEIB topics, actionable ways to reinvent work and creates an empowering space for people to learn and be recognized.
In this episode of the Inspirational Leadership podcast, I speak with Jackye Clayton and Katee Van Horn. They’re two diversity, equity, & inclusion peeps who love both what they have in common and what makes them different. During the day, they use their superpowers to block bias and end systemic racism within companies and create equitable places to work. They launched the Inclusive AF Podcast in 2020, which is a place where you get to hear real, authentic, and sometimes tough discussions on issues that are important to various communities.
Listen in to learn the value you can get from attending the Workhuman conference, not just as an HR leader but also as a people leader. You will also learn the importance of creating spaces where others are recognized in an authentic and genuine way.
- How the Workhuman conference is set up to humanize the individuals that attend.
- The importance of creating spaces where others are recognized in an authentic and genuine way.
- How the Workhuman conference allows you to create a network of peers to support you in your HR work.
- How to impact your people by being human and reinforcing them as the most important piece of the organization.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- [01:49] Get to know Jackye and Katee and their work in diversity, equity, & inclusion.
- [04:33] Katee on what attracted her to the Workhuman conference, the experience it’s been, and what she’s looking forward to.
- [09:08] Jackye describes her Workhuman conference experience and her excitement from attending.
- [14:50] How conferences have profoundly pivoted diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- [20:20] They explain the recognition they receive at the Workhuman conference as HR professionals.
- [25:37] Jackye talks about the life-changing aspect of the Workhuman conference to the overall experience.
- [28:11] The impactful talks and speakers at Workhuman and how they can improve your HR work.
- [37:53] The value of HR as the most important piece of any organization and how Workhuman reinforces it.
- [38:58] Why you shouldn’t be afraid of attending the Workhuman conference as a first-timer.
- “It’s a life-changing conference to the experience not just in your knowledge but in your feeling for other people.”– Jackye Clayton [26:57]
- “It is those after the conversations conversations that are so helpful to know that you’re not alone and there are folks in HR dealing with those same issues.”– Katee Van Horn [21:14]
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
- Workhuman Live – April 17 – 20th San Diego
- Save 25% off your registration with code: WHL23-KHarcourt
- Connect with Jackye Clayton on LinkedIn
- Connect with Katee Van Horn on Linkedin
- The Inclusive AF Podcast
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.