What are you doing as a leader to make your organization better in the future? To continuously improve and innovate your organization, you have to explore futures thinking which is about challenging or augmenting your vision.
In this episode of the Inspirational Leadership podcast, I speak with Nikolas Badminton, a world-renowned futurist speaker and foresight thought leader who mentors leaders to create more connected, curious, and creative teams that embrace futures design to drive more profit and explosive growth. He has spent 30+ years working with leadership at over 300 leading organizations at the frontline of foresight, strategy, and disruption – including NASA, United Nations, Google, Microsoft, Intel, WM, United Way, Bayer, Bank of Canada, Rolls Royce, Procter & Gamble, IDEO, UK Home Office and many more.
Listen in to learn why you have to shift your mindset from what is to what if by practicing curiosity, courage, and creativity in your organization. You will also learn the importance of letting go of your biases to build trust and empower people to invest in their mental well-being.
- How to shift your mindset from what is to what if by practicing curiosity, courage, and creativity.
- The importance of thinking beyond your lifetime and how you can create a better world for generations to come.
- How to create a people-first organization by making sustainable and ethical decisions.
- How to let go of your biases to build trust and empower your people.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- [3:38] Nikolas explains his interest in technology and science and how he got into futures work.
- [6:29] The business skills organizations need to develop to shape future opportunities.
- [8:09] The importance of exploring individual futures thinking to improve your organization.
- [14:17] He explains his excitement about the new ways of work and opportunities that exist in the future.
- [22:03] Why we have to understand our impact on the planet and step up with true responsibility.
- [24:13] How to engage everyone to have difficult conversations and actually listen to them.
- [27:50] Why you have to break through your biases to build trust and empower your people.
- [33:39] Futurism is activism – how to be an activist, listen to people, and change their minds about the future.
- “We have to think way beyond our lifetime, and beyond the lifetime of our children, how we can create a better world today that’s going to still be here in hundreds of years.”– Nikolas [20:50]
- “Anxiety and pressure are not fuel for creativity and business.”– Nikolas [32:39]
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Learn more about Nikolas and his work here
Connect with Nikolas on LinkedIn
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.