For this month’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Alan Stein, Jr. who’s an experienced keynote speaker and author. At his core, he’s a performance coach with a passion for helping others change behaviors. He spent 15+ years working with the highest performing basketball players on the planet (including NBA superstars Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, and Kobe Bryant). Through his customized programs, he transfers his unique expertise to maximize both individual and organizational performance.
Alan is a dynamic storyteller who delivers practical, actionable lessons that can be implemented immediately. He teaches proven principles on how to utilize the same approaches in business that elite athletes use to perform at a world-class level. His previous clients include American Express, Pepsi, Sabra, Starbucks, Charles Schwab, Penn State Football, and many more. The strategies from Alan’s books, are implemented by both corporate and sports teams around the world.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- How to effectively work through stress, stagnation and burnout
- Living in harmony with your true self and honoring your core values
- Why self-criticism, shame and guilt are damaging and unproductive
- What you can learn from organizations that align their beliefs and behaviors
- How high-performing cultures attract and retain top talent
- Why organizations MUST train, develop and coach their workforce
- Recognizing that everything starts and ends with LEADERSHIP
- Why your emotions are designed to inform you NOT direct you
- Becoming more aware of your own biases and welcoming in new perspectives
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Learn more about Alan and his work here
Connect with Alan on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Alan’s new book –Sustain Your Game: High Performance Keys to Manage Stress, Avoid Stagnation, and Beat Burnout
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.