For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Clare Kumar, who’s a Productivity catalyst and highly sensitive executive coach. Clare helps professionals achieve sustainable performance – improving productivity and well-being while avoiding exhaustion and burnout. She draws on a diverse corporate career that took her from Toronto to Tokyo and Montreal, with equal experience as an entrepreneur. She is a sought-after media contributor to news and lifestyle shows including the Huffington Post, Fast Company, the Globe and Mail, CBC, The Social, and the Marilyn Denis Show. Whether speaking to one person or thousands, Clare loves inspiring massive shifts by inviting you to pay attention to little things that make a big difference.
Clare has become one of Canada’s most renowned organizing and productivity thought leaders offering insights, inspiration, strategies, and tools to support leaders, employees, and entrepreneurs have greater efficiency, effectiveness, and… enjoyment. Yes, Clare believes in having fun while getting things done! She welcomes all highly sensitive professionals as well as those who want to love and support them to find community in the Happy Space Pod.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- What it looks like to be a Highly Sensitive Person and understanding the key elements of this trait through the SEED Model
- Celebrating the Joy of Missing Out (JOMO) instead of FOMO
- Why we need more rest areas in workplaces for power naps, quiet and restoration
- Why it’s a blind spot to assume everyone works the same way you do
- How leaders can create more autonomy to empower their teams to thrive
- Why wellbeing and sustainability need to be cornerstones of productivity
- How to better organize your time, space, tools and communication
- Why we need our cultures to support focus and restorative time and to build neurological and psychological safety into the day
- The importance of white space in calendars and not over-scheduling
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Learn more about Clare and her work here
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.