For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Rasie Bamigbade, who’s a leadership coach, bestselling author and speaker. She helps business and corporate leaders lead their teams more effectively through self leadership at RB Jumpstart Coaching. Rasie was born and raised in Sierra Leone, lived in The Gambia and moved to Canada at a young age for a better future. She has over 14 years of leadership experience working at Starbucks, McDonalds, HMShost and ISSofBC. Her new bestselling book is called, Lead in Your Truth.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Why self-leadership is so important and how it impacts your success as a leader
- How to speak up and be empowered to share your accomplishments at work
- Building the muscle of asking for help and surrounding yourself with support systems
- Why it’s imperative to ask for feedback on your leadership regularly and how to get more comfortable doing it
- Bringing your whole self to work and embracing your authentic leadership style
- How to hold better boundaries and engage in self-care as a leader
- Why being with and processing emotions more effectively is a game-changer
- How to come from a place of curiosity and invest in learning and unlearning
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
To learn more about Rasie and her work, you can visit her website here
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.