For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Asif Sadiq, who’s the Senior Vice President at WarnerMedia for Equity and Inclusion, International, he was previously the Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion at adidas and has a long and rich career in the diversity and inclusion space with senior executive roles at The Telegraph Media Group, EY Financial Services and the City of London Police. He is a board member for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and a member of the board of advisors for Hedley May. Over his 20-year career he has worked in Europe, North America, South America, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Asif has been credited with impactful global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion activities and programs across organizations, that have created a strong sense of belonging for all and resulted in truly diverse workplaces. He has been key in building synergies between internal and external D&I efforts within organizations, ensuring diversity and inclusion is embedded in all elements of a business, resulting in innovative, creative and inclusive products and services.
He is a Multi-Award Winning Diversity and Inclusion expert with a proven track record in D&I, Sustainability and Social Impact, being listed as one of the most influential Global D&I Leaders by Hive Learning, the CIPD’s Top 20 Power list and a LinkedIn Influencer. He is the winner of numerous awards including the highly commended Head of Diversity Award at the European Diversity Awards and was honoured with an MBE in 2017 by the Queen and granted the freedom of the City of London in 2016.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- How to implement a more effective diversity and inclusion strategy
- Why we need to create psychological safety to have important conversations
- Understanding what it looks like to welcome in change at the individual level
- Learning how to listen openly without being attached to preconceived judgments
- Why emotional intelligence is a key pillar of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Why human-centric leadership is the future of leadership
- How to manage Imposter Syndrome and tap into vulnerability as a leader
- Why the global pandemic has impacted women differently and how organizations can better support them
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Connect with Asif on Linkedin and Twitter
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.