For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Julie Turney who’s a People Experience professional with over 15 years in the Human Resources (HR) profession. Her experience spans various companies from startups to Fortune 500’s, where she has worked in cross–functional teams to support purposeful work and meaningful cultures.
Julie is the Founder and CEO of HR@Heart Consulting Inc., a company birthed out of her second bout of HR burnout which caused her to make a conscious decision to heal and help others in her profession to do the same. Her firm focuses on coaching HR professionals to build their resilience agility and find their HR voice.
Julie is also the Lead Organizer of DisruptHR Caribbean, a chapter of DisruptHR LLC based in the US. Disrupt is a speaker event series designed to impact the future of work. She is also the author of the book: Confessions of an HR Pro: Stories of Defeat & Triumph.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- How Julie embraced the year of “YES” in Human Resources
- What prevents HR from getting support and asking for help
- How coaching creates a powerful space for people to hear their own answers
- Why companies need to make investing in their people a bigger priority
- How HR can get better at advocating for themselves with more confidence
- Why HR is not about hiding behind policies and bad leaders
- How to become an Impact Architect by igniting positive change in the workplace
- Recognizing that you are more than your job and honoring your legacy
- How to build the business case for resources more effectively
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.