What does it mean to lead like a girl? To invest in wellness and humanize the workplace? Creating a workplace with more purpose and joy is about leading from a positive place and giving your people the space to achieve a high level of energy and productivity.
In this episode of the Inspirational Leadership podcast, I speak with Dalia Feldheim, a marketing executive, the author of Dare to Lead Like a Girl, and an adjunct professor at the Singapore Management University, where she teaches The Science of Happiness. She has led some of the world’s most iconic advertising campaigns for Procter & Gamble including: Always #LikeAGirl (2014 winner of 14 Cannes awards and Forbes 2020 10 Most Influential Campaigns of the Century). She is also an organizational psychologist running heart- centered leadership development programs for some of the world’s largest tech companies. She is a co-founder, in partnership with Dr. Tal Ben Shahar, of Uppiness.
Listen in to learn about Dalia’s five Ps of building holistic elements of leadership; purpose, perseverance, power up, people/relationships, and positivity. You will also learn about the importance of taking time from work to reflect on your ideas and find a balance.
- The importance of constantly building people resources in holistic elements.
- How to find your purpose, bring it into your work, and link it to team and company purpose.
- How to properly invest in wellness at work to achieve a high level of energy and productivity.
- The importance of resting and taking time off to be more focused and reflect on ideas.
- How to turn your pain into purpose by growing from where you were to where you want to go.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- [2:00] Dalia describes her career background and how working in a toxic environment led her to what she’s doing today.
- [4:58] She explains the events that led her to start helping companies bring more purpose and joy to the workplace.
- [12:32] The five elements (5Ps) of building a holistic work environment that’s energetic and productive.
- [23:53] The mindset shift and habits change it takes to take a break from work and find balance.
- [33:49] The five tips to help you and your organizations lead from a holistic place or like a girl.
- [44:30] Why you should invest in well-being and teach each of your employees to be people managers.
- “A good leader needs to be rotating between positive feminine and positive masculine traits.”– Dalia [6:11]
- “It’s magic when we manage to connect personal purpose to team purpose to company purpose.”– Dalia [16:15]
- “Courage is not the absence of fear; it’s about connecting to our superpowers and going ahead anyway.”– Dalia [47:44]
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
- Dalia’s website
- Connect with Dalia on Linkedin and Instagram
- Dalia’s TEDx Talk: Dare to Lead Like a Girl
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.