Do you want to positively impact your people as a manager? It’s hard to be a good manager, and it takes work, but it also makes the job more meaningful and fun. To change how you show up and treat your people, you must be committed to setting your mindset correctly.
In this episode of the Inspirational Leadership podcast, I speak with Jason Lauritsen, who is transforming management as a keynote speaker, trainer, and author. He liberates managers from outdated and inhumane practices, so they can cultivate human potential at work and improve people’s lives. His experience ranges from startup CEO to Fortune 1000 executive. He also spent several years leading the Best Places to Work program for an HR technology company, where he gained deep insight into some of the best workplaces in the world. He has authored two books; Unlocking High Performance and Social Gravity.
Listen in to learn how to shift from the production mindset construct to the relationship, conversation, and cultivation mindset as a manager. You will also learn the power of embracing your privilege and choosing to use it for the benefit of the underprivileged.
- How to improve our leadership by enhancing our ability to have conversations that matter.
- How to shift from a production mindset to relationship, conversation, and cultivation mindsets as managers.
- The importance of utilizing your privilege and voice to benefit the less privileged and marginalized people.
- The power of owning your faults and being accountable for how you show up as a person and a leader.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- [1:37] Jason describes his career in management that started when he was just 13 years old.
- [5:31] He shares a story proving why our lack of relationship skills causes our issues in management.
- [10:54] How we can use our work to transform our world and how we think and show up.
- [15:33] The three mindsets’ managers need to adopt to improve how employees show up.
- [26:27] Why his biggest desire would be to see every worker earning a living wage.
- [28:20] The actions we need to take to ensure every employee earns a living wage.
- [31:55] How Jason is utilizing his privilege to benefit the underprivileged in society.
- [35:43] The importance of embracing your journey and how you show up when you have the privilege.
- “At the heart of all of the issues that we have around leadership and management is the fundamental lack of relationship skills and specifically our inability to have the conversations that matter.”– Jason [9:22]
- “Privilege in of itself isn’t a bad thing; it’s what you do with it.”-Jason [32:44]
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.