Have you ever thought about the brand principles of your favorite brand and how you can apply them in your own life? Brands focus on doing a lot of deep work to find a brand purpose and connect with people. Borrowing brand principles from brands you love and applying them to your life will help you tap into your emotions and connect with who you are and other people.
In this episode of the Inspirational Leadership podcast, I speak with Keka DasGupta, a Professional Speaker, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Trainer, Marketer, and Founder of the Art of Life-ing. Keka believes in moving people from helpless to helpful through a powerful, free currency called: Gratitude. As a 20-year award-winning PR/marketing veteran, Keka has dedicated her entire working life to studying the emotional undercurrents that connect people to people, and people to brands. She runs Gratitude workshops across North America for both students (with an anti-bullying focus) and corporate audiences (with a focus on building happy corporate cultures).
Listen in to learn the power of quiet leadership in transforming individual employees, workplaces, cultures, and brands holistically. You will also learn how to help your people believe in themselves unconditionally so they can bring out the best in themselves.
- How giving ourselves permission to be our own advocate changes everything in our lives.
- The importance of allowing yourself to feel all the emotions and show up authentically.
- The power of quiet leadership in transforming workplaces, cultures, and brands holistically.
- How as a leader you can help your people believe in themselves unconditionally.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- [1:46] Keka’s career background and how she used branding principles to fill her cup and help others do the same.
- [10:30] How she navigated toxic positivity and allowed herself to feel and show up authentically.
- [18:04] How to tap into our emotions to define who we are and connect with ourselves and others.
- [20:52] How to borrow and apply brand principles from brands we love to connect with who we are.
- [28:44] Quiet leadership – leaders who listen to what people need and intentionally give them that.
- [33:26] She explains how leaders can help their people believe in themselves unconditionally and bring out the best in themselves.
- [36:45] Keka on how she’s been able to balance being nice and tough in her career as a leader.
- ‘If we start with ourselves and give ourselves permission to be our own advocate, it changes everything.”– Keka [7:40]
- “Quiet leadership is not just for introverts and not just for extroverts; it is a way of being.”– Keka [29:07]
- “The most successful CEOs are the ones who see potential in their people before those people even see it for themselves, and then they help them rise to that occasion.”– Keka [33:45]
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.