How are you working towards connecting people in your organization as a leader? Do you have a working strategy in place on diversity, equity, and inclusion? For DEI to work in any organization, leaders must commit to a strategy aimed at connecting people and having them work together.
In this episode of the Inspirational Leadership podcast, I speak with Tara Robertson, a diversity, equity, and inclusion consultant and leadership coach. She analyzes qualitative and quantitative HR data to diagnose what companies’ biggest diversity and inclusion issues are and works with internal stakeholders to co-design interventions based on research best practices and experience about what actually moves the needle.
Listen in to learn the importance of having an organizational strategy on diversity, equity, and inclusion. You will also learn how to be mindful and fully present in the way you show up as a leader to yourself and others.
- The uncomfortable conversations we need to have to establish a diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy.
- How to engage your body, heart, and spirit to help you notice when things are not working out.
- How to achieve mindfulness and be fully present for yourself and others around you.
- Learn and take action to disrupt discriminatory behavior in yourself and others.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- [1:15] Tara’s career background before she became a diversity, equity, and inclusion consultant.
- [4:07] The importance of having a diversity, equity, and inclusion organizational strategy.
- [9:40] How Tara’s struggles with belonging inspired her to get involved with DEI work.
- [16:22] The lessons we can learn from the disabled community about connecting and working together.
- [22:26] How to get clear on your values and purpose so you can better listen to your body and spirit.
- [29:07] The ways to let go of your conditioning and show up fully as a leader.
- [38:11] She describes inspirational leadership as the courage to show up as yourself and as a leader.
- [39:48] Tara’s final thoughts and where to find her.
- “We need to collectively dream the future that we want.”– Tara [19:28]
- “We need to engage our hearts, spirits, and bodies; our bodies give us messages when things are not okay.”– Tara [23:22]
Connect with Tara on LinkedIn
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.