For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Lou Adler who’s The Sherlock Holmes of Recruitment and CEO and Founder of The Adler Group. He has over 1.4 Million followers on Linkedin and is one of the top bloggers on LinkedIn’s Influencer program writing about the latest trends in hiring, employment, and recruiting.
Lou realized that the hiring process was broken so he invented what’s now famously known as the ‘Performance-based Hiring’ model. With over 40 years in the recruiting industry, Lou’s company ‘The Adler Group’ has trained over 40,000 hiring managers and placed over 1500 executives for many of the fastest-growing companies with clients including Disney, General Dynamics and Paycom.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Looking at recruiting as a business process, not just as interviewing candidates
- Why it’s so important to get clear on performance objectives when hiring
- How to become a better interviewer by digging into people’s accomplishments
- Why clarifying expectations up front is the number one driver of success and understanding in assigning people work they’re motivated to do
- How to look for versatility, problem solving and leadership skills in the interview
- Assessing a candidate’s emotional intelligence by probing into team projects
- How to effectively use behavioral fact finding questions in the interview process
- Why the best leaders are exceptional at tapping into vision + execution
- The most important interview question of ALL TIME!
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Learn more about Lou and The Adler Group here
Connect with Lou on LinkedIn and Twitter
Additional resources at Hire with Your Head
Book reference – Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.