For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Alexia Vernon, who’s the Founder and President of Step into Your Moxie – a WBE and DOBE that shows business leaders, and the coaches and consultants who support them, how to find their voice and master using it.
Dubbed a “Moxie Maven” by President Obama’s White House Office of Public Engagement for her unique and effective approach to communication development, Alexia is a sought-after advisor to executives, corporate teams, and fellow entrepreneurs who want to speak with an unshakeable presence, sell their ideas, navigate daring conversations, advance their thought leadership, and elevate marginalized voices. Since winning the Miss Junior America competition, Alexia has delivered transformational communication programs for Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofits, government and educational institutions, professional associations, and the United Nations. She has contributed to media such as CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, Entrepreneur.com, Forbes.com, Inc.com, European Business Review, and Women’s Health Magazine.
Alexia is the author of multiple books including Step into Your Moxie: Amplify Your Voice, Visibility, and Influence in the World. Alexia is also the creator of the Step into Your Moxie® Certification Program and The Legacy Fund which provides grants to early-stage female and non-binary entrepreneurs and nonprofit founders.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Why we need to understand the systemic, institutional and cultural factors that have played a role in making people not feel safe, comfortable and valued when they speak up
- The difference between trauma informed and trauma sensitive training and why it’s important
- The power of role playing to help create awareness and practice new skills
- How Step into Your Moxie® Certification equips coaches, trainers, activists, educators, and business and community leaders to amplify their voices, visibility, and influence while showing their clients/employees how to do the same
- Why we should never underestimate the ripples that can be created when we share our stories
- Some of the key barriers that hold people back from stepping into their moxie and how to work through them
- How to embrace your inner cheetah when communicating instead of going into bunny or dragon mode
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
To learn more about Alexia and Step into Your Moxie, visit StepIntoYourMoxie.com
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.