For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Sonya Law. Sonya is the Founder of SL Human Resources Consulting. She received her Human Resources Degree from Deakin University and completed her Teaching Degree with Monash University and recently obtained her MBA, providing opportunities to work and study abroad in Europe and Asia.
Sonya has recruited thousands of people and has a talent for getting the right people on the bus in the right seats. She has created positive, inclusive workplace cultures in Telecommunications, Government, Pharmaceutical, Water Utilities, FMCG and more recently Mining and Construction for Sullair (Hitachi Group Company) where she achieved an innovation award in 2020 for solving society’s problems for social connectedness during the pandemic. In 2020 Sonya started her own business to spread her wings and pursue her passion for consulting. She now helps companies develop their human resources, achieve cultural and strategic alignment and high performing organizations.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- How to create a safe space where you learn about the unique drivers and motivations for each person on your team
- Why developing ourselves personally and professionally requires leaning into vulnerability
- How to call out unhealthy behaviors in a respectful way
- What gets in the way of delivering constructive feedback effectively
- Leveraging coaching more as a leader
- Helping people feel connected to the vision and purpose of your company
- Making storytelling a bigger part of your organization
- Using radical candor through kind and direct conversations
- Adopting the mindset of a lifelong learner
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Book recommendation: Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.