For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Dr. Steve Yacovelli (a.k.a. “The Gay Leadership Dude”) who is the Owner & Principal of TopDog Learning Group, LLC, a leadership, change management, and diversity and inclusion consulting firm based in Orlando, Florida, USA but with affiliates (“TopDoggers”) throughout the globe.
Steve and TopDog provide guidance and solutions in leadership and organizational development, change management, diversity and inclusion consulting, instructional design, and custom e-learning creation. Whether it be through providing keynotes and facilitating leadership development programs for Fortune 500 companies like The Walt Disney Company, Bayer AG, or accenture, to providing one-on-one coaching experiences for groups like IBM, Covestro, and The Public Library Association, or creating engaging, effective training solutions for various delivery formats for folks like Tupperware Brands Corporation, The Ohio State University, and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Steve is passionate about helping others be their best selves, in and out of the workplace.
Steve holds a B.S. in Public Relations from Millersville University of Pennsylvania, an M.A. in Educational Policy & Leadership Development from The Ohio State University, and an Ed.D. in Instructional Technology & Distance Education from Nova Southeastern University. His current, award-winning and critically acclaimed book, “Pride Leadership: Strategies for LGBTQ+ Professionals to be the King or Queen of their Jungle” “came out” in June 2019.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Moving away from a one-and-done leadership development mentality
- Understanding that organizational values are the social contract for any employee or member of your workplace
- How smart organizations ensure their leadership training is aligned with their vision, mission and values
- The top competencies of a consciously inclusive leader
- The importance of cohesive planning and strategy when implementing training
- Taking a more holistic approach to meaningful behavior change
- The unexpected advantages of doing remote learning and training
- Strategies to build your resiliency during the pandemic
- Creating time and space to reflect on your leadership wins and challenges
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Learn more about TopDog Learning Group
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.