For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Jamelle Lindo. Jamelle is an emotional intelligence leadership coach, trainer and speaker with over 11 years of diverse learning and development experience. He has worked with thousands of professionals across Canada to help them ‘level-up’ through the practical application of emotional intelligence and mindfulness-based strategies.
Jamelle is certified in EQ-i 2.0 – the world’s leading assessment tool for measuring emotional intelligence – and he uses this to establish a scientifically valid benchmark to begin a leader’s development journey. He has published several thought leadership pieces on Forbes.com and is an official member of the Forbes Coaches Council, an invite-only organization for successful business coaches. Jamelle is driven to empower leaders to become their best selves and in so doing, achieve the kind of business success that makes the world a better place.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Why mastering self-awareness, emotional intelligence and mindfulness is a lifelong journey
- How to find more emotional and mental equilibrium
- Why there are no right or wrong emotions but rather it’s about improving your self-management skills
- How to get clearer on your emotional state
- Why support and accountability has a huge impact on accelerated growth and successful behavior change
- The return on investment associated with improved emotional intelligence and mindfulness
- The benefits of meditation and why people may give up too fast
- Jamelle shares several tactical examples throughout the podcast
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Book Recommendations in this episode: