For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Alysha M. Campbell. Alysha is an accomplished and respected Strategic HR Leader with a decade of experience that encompasses all facets of Human Resource Management. From executing successful multi-million dollar workforce recruitment and optimization projects to spearheading employee culture initiatives, Alysha has truly seen and done it all in the HR space. Her passion for the industry has led her to start her own HR Consultancy and Strategy agency – CultureShift HR.
As Founder of CultureShift HR, Alysha uses her business acumen to help companies utilize and engage their best talent while creating purposeful work environments that help businesses grow and thrive. Within Alysha’s business practices, she encourages companies to embrace the “Employee First” philosophy that focuses on shifting the culture dynamics and encouraging recognition of positive results and behaviours. Ultimately this leads to greater employee engagement, customer service and recurring revenue allowing clients to stay competitive in their respective industry and labour market.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Why HR gets a bad rap
- How adopting an employee first mindset optimizes your business
- How to revolutionize and change your culture when it comes to creating inclusive and equitable workplaces
- Becoming more aware of the behaviours you are rewarding in your organization
- How transparency and honest communication contributes to greater innovation, risk taking and stronger relationships
- Why leaders need to understand they are not above the core-values of the organization
- How ego and pride get in the way for so many leaders
- Remembering that if you’re not uncomfortable, you’re not growing
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here: