For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Orlando Bowen who is a Motivational Speaker, Executive Director of One Voice One Team and a former professional football player. Orlando’s mission is to inspire people to be GameChangers in the lives of others. GameChangers influence the path, perspective or possibilities for others and inspire people to see beyond their circumstances as they pursue excellence.
Orlando has been motivating corporate audiences for years through keynotes, workshops and community service activities. His passion for developing leadership led him to found the charity, One Voice One Team Youth Leadership Organization that engages over 25,000 youth each year. Orlando has been recognized for his work through numerous local and national awards for leadership development and for being a catalyst for high performing teams.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Orlando shares the story of how he almost died, was framed for a crime he didn’t commit, got a severe concussion that ended his professional football career and the powerful lessons he learned from these experiences
- How actions speak way louder than words
- Why you are here to serve and discovering your calling
- Feeding your spirit and making a difference
- Remembering that hurt people hurt other people
- The benefits of forgiving others
- How you are responsible for your choices and you can change your path
- The importance of acknowledging your emotions and giving them space to be processed
- Why gifts can come from the most challenging situations
- How the people you surround yourself with can change your life
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the interview here:
Who do you need to forgive? How are you being a GameChanger in the lives of others?
Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity – Lou Holtz