For this week’s episode of Inspirational Leadership I had the pleasure of speaking with the very purpose-driven and passionate Tony Gareri! Tony is the CEO of Roma Moulding, a picture frame manufacturer that remains world-renowned for its iconic design, commitment to craftsmanship and unparalleled customer experiences. Upon being named CEO in March 2011, Tony laid the foundations for a culture shift that would profoundly reframe the way Roma Moulding would do business.
By establishing a clear Mission, Vision and Core Values, Tony constructed a framework for leadership and daily decisions that were focused around the happiness of his team. During the last decade, Roma Moulding has achieved many accolades and has been recognized numerous times as Manufacturer of the Year, Most Admired Company Culture and many more. He’s also been featured in notable publications such as Forbes, Inc and most recently, The Drive Magazine. As an ambassador for workplace culture and happiness, Tony’s mission is simple: To help companies build happy winning teams!
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- How inspiring leaders ignite passion
- What Tony learned about company culture from Tony Hsieh of Zappos
- Why trust is critical in leadership
- How fear can make us reactive and cause us to lose our way
- Why you need to take the pulse of your organization regularly
- What it means to be authentic, real and help people see the bigger vision
- Being intentional about the commitments you make to your team
- Where to start with culture change
- Some of Tony’s big leadership lessons
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the interview here:
How do you deal with your failures? Do you share them transparently? How do you build trust with your team?
Customers will never love a company until the employees love it first – Simon Sinek