For this week’s Inspirational Leadership I spoke with the lovely Liz Elting. Liz is the Founder and CEO of the Elizabeth Elting Foundation, is a New York-based philanthropist and businesswoman, recognized for her outstanding entrepreneurship and focus on developing women business leaders.
Some of her recognitions and awards include the Working Woman “Entrepreneurial Excellence” Award for Customer Service, the Ernst and Young “Entrepreneur of the Year” Award, the American Express-Entrepreneur Magazine “Woman of the Year” Award, the “Distinguished Alumnae” Award from NYU Stern’s Women in Business, the “Women Worth Watching” Award from Diversity Journal and she has been named one of Forbes’ “Richest Self-Made Women” for the past five years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019).
An accomplished business leader, Elting co-founded TransPerfect, the world’s largest provider of language and business solutions. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over $700 million in revenues and more than 5,000 employees in over 90 cities around the globe.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- The importance of leading with values
- What happens when you don’t consider work/life balance
- Understanding that each individual has unique motivations
- Why leadership takes a lifetime to learn
- The impact of role models and mentors
- How to be an employer of choice
- What were the key steps to making TransPerfect a successful company
- The inspiration behind her foundation
- Opportunities for entrepreneurs and intrepreneurs
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the interview here:
How much time do you devote to your learning and personal growth? What action can you take today to make this a priority?
Learning is not a one-time event or a periodic luxury. Great leaders in great companies recognize that the ability to constantly learn, innovate, and improve is vital to their success – Amy Edmondson