For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Interview I had an enlightening conversation with Lindsay Schneider, the CEO of Arcane. Lindsay started her career in the Oil & Gas industry, then moved to two global matrix corporations in the retail & pharmaceutical sector. As she progressed in her career she built a strong foundation of HR practice that has been pivotal in her leadership and where she is today. She joined Arcane Digital in 2015 and in 2018 transitioned from the role of Vice President of Human Capital to Chief Executive Officer.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- The importance of connection in the workplace
- Why leaders needs to understand each individual’s purpose and drivers
- Leading with humility instead of ego
- How to lead from behind, beside and in front
- Why collaboration is critical for success
- Doing a deep dive into values
- How Arcane ensures they are hiring people who are a fit for their culture
- Why emotions are allowed to show up in the boardroom
- Listening to your gut when making decisions
Listen to the full interview here:
What have been some of your biggest leadership lessons? How are you continuing to grow as a leader?
The heart is a muscle, and you strengthen muscles by using them. The more I lead with my heart, the stronger it gets – Mark Miller