For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Interview I had an illuminating conversation with Rob Catalano, the Chief Engagement Officer at WorkTango. Rob is passionate about helping companies succeed – by helping them focus on their employee experience. With his unique experience in HR Technology as a founding employee at Achievers, Rob co-founded WorkTango – software that helps give employees a voice and companies actionable insight. He has recently been named as a 2018 Top Global Employee Engagement Influencer, and is the Canadian Chairperson for The Enterprise Engagement Alliance, with a mandate to lead and help educate corporate, government and not-for-profit management on a formal process for implementing engagement across the enterprise community. He is an avid hockey and volleyball player, traveller, and in his own terms a ‘pointaholic’ – he collects loyalty points for everything and anything!
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- What motivates employees to go to work
- Building an environment where people are driven to do something bigger than a job
- Adopting a “People First” mindset
- Why it’s more effective to have a passion instead of a mission
- The importance of transparency if you want to build trust
- Incorporating consistent communication through rituals
- How to show employees that you genuinely care about them
- Why companies need to be more retrospective and look at areas of improvement
- Embracing vulnerability and having hard conversations
Listen to the full interview here:
What does adopting a people first mindset mean to you? How do you embrace vulnerability?