Do you know who you truly are deep inside? Knowing who you are deep inside and your experiences will guide you to your why, and it will stop you from settling with what you think your why is or what other people tempt you to think it is.
In this episode of the Inspirational Leadership podcast, I speak with Paru Radia about relationship-building with senior decision-makers and owning who you are. Paru is a rare commodity! Most people fall into one camp as either left-brained or right-brained. Paru, however, has always mixed her logical side with her creative side to thrive while navigating challenging environments, whether in the corporate world or as a founder and entrepreneur. Becoming a C-Suite Whisperer® and Execution Ninja was a natural path for Paru as she has a keen understanding of the corporate world, having been both an employee and a consultant.
Listen in to learn how to build interpersonal relationships with senior leaders and develop the confidence to make it about them. You will also learn the importance of highlighting the challenges behind success when inspiring others.
- How to build relationships with senior leaders to get their buy-in before you’re in the room.
- How to develop interpersonal relationships by taking time to analyze others and learning what’s important to them.
- The power of knowing and owning who you are to have the confidence to make it about the other person.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- [01:46] Paru on her upbringing, career background, move to New York, and entrepreneurial journey.
- [08:09] She shares her entrepreneurial journey – the ups and downs, skills building, and consulting.
- [17:55] How digging deep into who she is has helped her make good decisions and consult with executives.
- [22:05] She explains how to build relationships with senior decision-makers before you’re in the room.
- [27:14] The questions to ask yourself to understand your true self and impact and how you can help others.
- [31:44] The importance of knowing who you are deep inside and staying aligned for your why to mean anything.
- [33:58] Paru’s upcoming book Messes Behind Successes – a how-to guide about navigating the challenges behind success.
- “The only way you can feel confident in yourself in order to make it about them is owning who you are, but you can’t own who you are until you know who you are.”– Paru Radia [27:56]
- “You won’t know your why until you know who you are deep down inside.”– Paru Radia [31:45]
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.