It’s been over two years now since I stopped drinking alcohol, and I’m loving it and don’t miss it at all! Are you, like me, curious about your relationship with alcohol, or are you recognizing how your unconscious choices are stopping you from showing up as the best version of yourself?
In this solo episode of the Inspirational Leadership podcast, I share what inspired me to quit alcohol, how I navigated the journey, and the lessons I’ve learned so far. I also explain the never-ending benefits of quitting alcohol and how you can approach this journey.
Listen in to learn why you need to ask yourself questions about the role of numbing habits in your life and how your life and purpose can change if you chose to quit.
- How not experiencing hangovers can shift your life and how you relate to others.
- How quitting a numbing habit can enable you to build healthier habits and stay committed.
- How you get curious and notice things about yourself when you quit numbing habits.
- How changing your relationship with alcohol will enable you to feel a deeper connection with yourself and others and show up for your purpose.
- How your unconscious choices stop you from being who you want to be and where you want to be in this world.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- [02:19] The book that inspired me to take a break from alcohol for 100 days and do it intentionally.
- [05:01] The other effective resources that helped me navigate my alcohol reset journey.
- [07:58] The never-ending benefits I’ve experienced since quitting alcohol, plus my relationship with alcohol before quitting.
- [14:38] What things in your life do you need a new relationship with to say yes to what truly matters?
- [15:25] How quitting numbing habits helps you notice things about yourself and your surroundings.
- [18:11] The energy, clarity, understanding, and creativity I’ve been experiencing after quitting alcohol.
- [19:08] Why you need to ask yourself questions about the role of alcohol in your life.
- “This is an invitation to be able to take a step back and ask yourself some questions and see if there are some new conscious choices you might want to make or an opportunity to perhaps shift your current relationship.”– Kristen [20:32]
- “It’s about recognizing where you might be making some unconscious choices that are not serving you and not getting you to where you want to be and who you want to be in the world.”– Kristen [22:42]
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
- The Sober Curious Reset: Change the Way You Drink in 100 Days or Less
- This Naked Mind: Control Alcohol, Find Freedom, Discover Happiness & Change Your Life
- Quit Like a Woman: The Radical Choice to Not Drink in a Culture Obsessed with Alcohol
- Sober Curious Podcast
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.