For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Angela Champ, who’s the Head of HR at Alpine Building Maintenance and has worked in various senior level HR positions over the last 20 + years. She’s passionate about lifelong learning and inspiring others to achieve their best potential. She writes, blogs and speaks on a variety of leadership, professional development and personal growth topics.
Named as one of Canada’s top 20 HR leaders on the HRD Global 100 and on The Most Inclusive HR Influencer list, Angela is a popular and a frequent conference and keynote speaker. She is a member of the University of Calgary Human Resources Management Certificate Advisory Council, and has been a frequent guest lecturer at colleges and universities including Mount Royal University, University of the Fraser Valley, and St. Clair College.
Her newest book is called – The Squiggly Line Career: How Changing Professions Can Advance a Career in Unexpected Ways. Angela is an advocate of advancing women in the workforce, founding the ICBC Women’s Network, which ran for 10 years, and is currently the President of Lean In Vancouver Network.
what you’ll Learn about How to Successfully Change Careers:
- How to find a job that energizes you and is a fit for your strengths and talents
- Recognizing that you can achieve your career goals in a variety of ways
- How to think beyond your job title and move away from a linear path
- Why it’s important to think about your transferable skills and competencies
- How Hiring Managers and Recruiters can expand their talent pool
- Questions you can ask yourself to get more clarity on your dream job
- Why companies need to challenge what’s on their job descriptions
- The importance of demonstrating as a job seeker that you’re coachable, learning agile and emotionally intelligent
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Learn more about Angela and her work here
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.