For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Dr Andrea and Jonathan Taylor-Cummings who are the founders of 4 Habits Consulting and Soulmates Academy Foundation. They equip people to build healthy relationships at work AND home, so they can be more resilient, more connected and more productive.
As City professionals and entrepreneurs themselves, they have first-hand experience of the inevitable relationship challenges of high-stress careers and the pressures of living and working together 24/7. Andrea and Jon are recognized authorities on the subjects of relationships and marriage, with numerous public speaking engagements, TV and Radio appearances. Their TEDx Talk on ‘The 4 Habits of ALL Successful Relationships’ continues to resonate very strongly with 2 million views to date and they recently published their book of the same title. They have been married for 28 years and live in the UK with their two teenage children.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Why so many of us don’t recognize our own superpowers
- How we can intentionally invest in our relationships and do the things that strengthen rather then damage the connection
- Why it’s even more critical that people feel seen and heard in remote and hybrid work environments
- Becoming more aware of our emotional bank accounts and how every interaction we have with someone leads to a deposit or a withdrawal
- Embracing the 4 Habits: 1. Be Curious, Not Critical 2. Be Careful, Not Crushing 3. Ask, Don’t Assume 4. Connect before you Correct
- How our strengths can also be our blind spots in relationships and learning how to mutually adjust and create space and grace
- How to pre-program your brain so that when a conflict arises you have a set of instructions
- Developing healthy boundaries, honoring your values and having courageous conversations
- Why people leave their boss, not the job and understanding that leaders are the culture carriers
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Learn more about Andrea & Jonathan’s work at 4 Habits Consulting
Watch the TEDx Talk
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.