For this week’s episode of Inspirational Leadership I spoke with Phyllis Reid-Jarvis, MPH, PCC, who’s the Founder at Ultimate Potentials, a work-life flow business consultancy. With expertise in organizational psychometric assessments, personal and executive coaching, customized conscious leadership, diversity and inclusion training, Phyllis and her team exist to support organizations and individuals achieve their work and life goals; one employee and one family at a time.
Phyllis is a member of the International Coach Federation (ICF), International Coach Academy (ICA), and the American Society for Talent Development (ASTD), The Canadian Mental Health Commission, the Caribbean Women in Information Communication (CWIC) and CANTO. She is also a member of the Board of Governors on the Province of Manitoba’s only polytechnic, Red River College.
She is the author of several books and programs. Her most current are: Pathways to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program for organizations, Essential Coaching Skills for Organizations, Strategies for Working Remotely, Managing a 21st Century Workforce and Pathways for Sustaining Healthy Families and Organizations.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Why self-leadership is the most powerful form of leadership
- Recognizing all of the ways you lead everyday and the impact on others
- Actions you can take to become the CEO of your work and life
- Understanding that as a leader, what you say MUST align with what you do. This means aligning your audio with your video
- Making the connection that what’s going on externally in your world is a reflection of what’s happening internally
- Why Conscious Leadership is about loving how you live, work and play
- How the IDARE framework supports leadership development in organizations
- Integrating public health as a pathway to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Why DEI in companies and communities will never happen until leaders begin to model these beliefs as guiding principles
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here: