For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Elizabeth Charles, the Senior Director of People & Culture at CNIB. Elizabeth is an Educator, Writer and HR Executive who is completing her doctoral studies in Social Justice Education at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE at UofT). For over 20 years, Elizabeth has coached executive teams within Higher Education and in the private and not-for-profit sectors and is the Founder of EHC Solutions, a company that specializes in building inclusive leadership through innovation, transformation and education.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Why you don’t need to be in HR to be a People and Culture Leader
- The importance of taking the time to understand someone else’s perspective
- Going on the journey of learning and unlearning – leaning into the spaces of discomfort
- Why leaders need to stop feeling like they need to have all the answers
- Lessons from Covid that can be applied to workplaces going forward
- How to have agile and flexible workplaces that support everyone
- Why we get the best out of people when we trust them to work in a way that allows them to flourish
- Asking yourself – when it comes to decision-making, whose voice isn’t at the table?
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
A diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone – Sundar Pichai