For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Ron Carucci, the Owner and Managing Partner of Navalent. Ron has a thirty-year track record helping executives tackle challenges of strategy, organization, and leadership — from start-ups to Fortune 100s, non-profits to heads-of-state, turn-arounds to new markets and strategies, overhauling leadership and culture to re-designing for growth.
With experience in more than 25 countries on 4 continents, he helps organizations articulate strategies that lead to accelerated growth, and then designs programs to execute those strategies. The best-selling author of eight books, including the recent Amazon #1 Rising to Power, Ron is a regular contributor to the Harvard Business Review, where Navalent’s work on leadership was named one of 2016’s management ideas that mattered most. He is also a regular contributor to Forbes, and a two-time TEDx speaker.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Why more than 50% of leaders fail within the first 18 months of an executive transition
- How to be more powerful than powerless and leverage power for the greater good
- Exploring your origin story to get a better understanding of how past conditioning is impacting the way you’re showing up as a leader
- How acknowledging your weaknesses actually makes you a more credible leader and helps your team work through theirs
- Why hierarchy and status get in the way of cultural transformation
- Remembering that it takes tremendous courage to face your flaws and fears
- Why so many leadership development programs are ineffective
- Helping companies and leaders understand that self-care MUST be a priority
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here: