For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with David Taylor-Klaus. David is a speaker, author, and leadership coach on a mission to unearth and unleash the personal mastery of entrepreneurs and senior executives. Since 2008, DTK has empowered his tribe to take an active, intentional, and dynamic role in their development and create the kind of life-work rhythm enabling them to build profitable businesses, raise thriving families, and live wildly fulfilling lives. He’s also the author of the best-selling new book “Mindset Mondays with DTK: 52 Ways to REWIRE Your Thinking and Transform Your Life”.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- How leaders can over-calibrate to the doing and forget about the being part
- Looking inward to understand what is truly motivating and empowering for you
- The difference between living from the place of “I want more” to “I want for”
- The cascade effect: how to play bigger and impact more
- The importance of focusing on relationships instead of tasks
- Why some leaders are very attached to the telling and not very good at listening
- Painting the vision so people can passionately get behind it
- Why organizations need to stop sweeping things under the rug and create a safe space for courageous dialogue
- Understanding the coach approach and why it has become a core leadership competency
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Have you subscribed to the Inspirational Leadership Community? If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media.