For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Dave Hutchinson, the President of Cause Leadership Inc. Since entering the recruitment field in 1997, Dave has successfully placed senior-level candidates with a broad spectrum of organizations in the charitable sector. He builds relationships with a long-term view for the advantage of clients and candidates alike and is sought out as a source of information for those interested in a career in the sector.
His involvement in the not for profit sector manifests itself in his personal and professional life. With over a decade of experience in board governance roles, he continues to serve as a volunteer board member in the sector. He is also a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (Greater Toronto Chapter).
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Why leadership starts with leading yourself
- Remembering that failure is an event not a person
- How to improve the candidate experience
- Being more intentional around career pathways for your talent
- Why we need to stop generational stereotyping
- The lack of succession planning happening in many organizations
- How to stop the bait and switch by living up to the values you’re communicating
- Being realistic and transparent in the hiring process
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
Book Recommendations in this episode: