For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Shelley Paxton. Shelley has been seen in PBS, Forbes, CBS, CW, and Thrive Global, she is an author, international speaker, & transformational coach. She can best be summed up as a burnout fighter and fire re-igniter who is rebelling for rewriting the traditional script of success starting with her new book, SOULBBATICAL: A Corporate Rebel’s Guide To Finding Your Best Life.
Shelley spent 26 years as a highly regarded marketing and advertising executive, stewarding some of the world’s most iconic brands, including Harley-Davidson, Visa, McDonald’s, and AOL and walked away from it all to launch her own company, Soulbbatical and become the Chief Soul Officer of her own life. Her mission is to liberate the souls of leaders and organizations by inspiring them to realize their greatest purpose and potential. As a certified professional coach, she works with executives at Fortune 100 companies & with fellow rebel soul individuals and entrepreneurs. She holds a marketing degree from Boston College and graduated from iPEC, one of the country’s premier coaching certification programs. Shelley has trained with some of the top teachers in the world including Brené Brown.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- What it means to be the Chief Soul Officer of your life
- Why so many people are addicted to busyness
- Finding your soul signal in the midst of all the noise
- Why you don’t need to ASK for permission but instead give yourself permission
- How to find the silver lining in this global pandemic
- Why radical self-care and self-commitment need to be on the c-suite agenda
- How companies can rethink the way they operate to include time for rallying and recovery
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here: