For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Sesil Pir. Sesil serves as an active HR Functional Thought Leader, Founder and Principal Consultant of SESIL PIR Consulting GmbH, a boutique management consultancy, focusing on changing the status quo of work, and Founder of Whirling Chief, a global digital collaboration & learning platform, championing humanity into the global workplace.
Sesil is an active contributor of Forbes, has been published in the Harvard Business Review, HR Zone and UK’s HR Magazine, and has contributed to several Human Resources Management books.
She holds an MA-HRIR from Carlson School of Management, an Executive MBA from Harvard University, and a BA from Eastern Michigan University. Sesil has been recently recognized as ’40 Thinkers Under 40′ in Europe and ‘101 Employee Engagement Inﬂuencers’ globally.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- How to unleash potential individually and collectively
- Creating a safe and loving space for people at work
- We discuss research that shows since the year 2000, 52% of Fortune 500 companies have completely disappeared
- Sesil shares insights from the project she did with Standford on Human-Centered Leadership
- The power of owning who you are
- Why you need to look outside of your expertise if you want to find new ideas and more creative ways of thinking
- The importance of time in nature, away from technology when our capacity is pushed to the limit
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here: