For this week’s Inspirational Leadership Podcast I spoke with Kimberly Davis. Kimberly is an expert on authentic leadership who shares her inspirational message of personal power, responsibility, and impact with organizations across the country and teaches leadership programs world-wide; most notably, her program “OnStage Leadership” which runs in NYC and Dallas, TX.
Kimberly is a TEDx speaker and her book, Brave Leadership: Unleash Your Most Confident, Authentic, and Powerful Self to Get the Results You Need, is the 2019 winner of the Benjamin Franklin Silver Award for Business and Career; an Amazon Bestseller and was named as the number one book to read in Inc. Magazine’s “The 12 Most Impactful Books to Read in 2018″.
She teaches for Southern Methodist University’s (SMU) Cox School of Business’s Executive Education Program’s Transformational Leadership Program and their Latino Leadership Initiative. She is also privileged to teach for the Bush Institute’s WE Lead Program (empowering female leaders from the Middle East).
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- What it means to be a brave leader
- How understanding what drives you from an internal space leads to powerful external actions
- Leadership in a VUCA world
- Why it’s hard to show up authentically as a leader if you don’t know who you are
- How the heart of engagement is about each one of us finding joy and doing the work we’re here to do in the world
- Why we need to focus less on systems and more on having ongoing dialogue and meaningful conversations
- Why creating a human workplace belongs to everyone in the organization
Listen to the podcast here:
Watch the video here:
How can you show up more authentically as a leader? What inspired action will you take based on today’s episode?
People will crawl over broken glass to follow a leader that they see as a human being that believes in them – Kimberly Davis