For this episode of Inspirational Leadership I had a heart-to-heart with Lorie Corcuera, the Co-Founder and CEO of SPARK Creations & Company Inc. They are a training and development organization that inspires people and companies to create meaningful cultures and workplaces. Over the past 20 years, Lorie has cultivated her people and culture development, community relations, and leadership coaching experience as both a strategic and progressive senior human resources leader and business consultant in the technology, interactive entertainment, retail, hospitality, manufacturing, professional services, and non-profit space. She is an active mentor for Futurpreneur Canada, Dress for Success Vancouver, HR Tech Group, Young Women in Business and Forum for Women Entrepreneurs, and Co-Founder of the social enterprise Enspire Foundation.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- The importance of having the confidence and courage to be ourselves
- How to alleviate toxic behaviours in the workplace
- Taking ownership and responsibility for how we show up
- How to lead self and grow others for the greater good
- Common barriers to leadership development
- Why more CEO’s and Founders need to invest in their own personal development
- Building the business case for training and development
- How overusing our strengths can hold us back
- The power of asking for help
Listen to the full interview here:
How can you show up more authentically at work? Are you comfortable asking for help when you need it?
True leaders understand that leadership is not about them but about those they serve. It is not about exalting themselves but about lifting others up — Sheri L Dew